Know your rights
As soon as you have signed the agreement, both parties have rights and duties:
- Pay your rent on time
- Both parties have the right to privacy and you cannot be of hindrance or disturb each other.
- You have rights to rental protection, even when terminating the contract.
- The landlord has a right of reimbursement when you damage the house or any property of the landlord.
- Landlord cannot enter your room without your permission.
- You need to be able to use any facilities which belong to your room at any moment.
- As a tenant you can furnish and paint your room as you please. For some changes you need permission.
- Upon termination of contract, you need to leave the room in the same state as you entered the room when starting the contract.
- You and your tenant are both responsible for maintenance of the residence
- The tenant pays an advance for service costs such as gas, hydro and electricity. You need to get a yearly overview and in many cases you’ll get a part of this advance back!
If you suspect you pay too much or the amount is suddenly increased, you can request decrease of the rent.